Monday, October 09, 2006

A minor in physical thereapy

Did you know that when you sit for an extended period of time, lets say for 50 minutes, that your spinal chord begins to constrict? Also, your hamstrings and quadriceps begin to tighten and get cold.

Well I didn’t really know that, I actually just made that up. But it sounds right, right? But judging from all the people that have been shoving their extremities in my face recently, I figured they took me for some type of physical guru.

I’m sure you have been put in the same odd position where you are sitting, minding your own business, and then all of a sudden, awkwardness. The person in front of you begins to stretch, and not discreetly. I’m talking more of the hands-in-your-face variety. Perhaps this person feels the need to actually turn 180 degrees to face you while they crack you back.

Does anyone have respect for personal space anymore? Whether I’m trying to focus my attention on a lecture or just sitting on the bus, I really would appreciate an absence of your hands, feet or hair from my personal space.

Obviously people need to learn to respect the “personal bubble” more.

No comments: