Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Disasters in Holding a Door

I’m sure everyone has had the same thought process going through their head as they have approached any random door and their is a person a head of you. Will they hold the door for me? If they do, will it be awkwardly long? Should I speed up? Slow down?

Well I’m not sure if there is a rule regarding it, but we can lay down some guidelines. If you are within a distance where you could ask them to hold the door, and you could do so in a normal voice, then they should hold the door. If you are in, say a noisy city, if they wouldn’t be able to hear you, then no deal.

Over at halfbakery.com, they propose a standardized door holding distance, which is basically what I am calling for. But a distance does no good. We all know people walk at different speeds, so the audible distance makes it a lot easier.

No comments: